Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Test does not work on powered cameras. Works when running through battery?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thhemp
Follower
Follower

Here is a link to the exact problem I have now:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro-2-No-Motion-Detection-w-power-but-Motion-Detection...

I have 3 cameras plugged into power, two outdoors and one indoor in the garage.  When I use the Motion Detection Test utility from the Arlo App from my phone, it fails to work on the outdoor cameras.  I have taken them down and tried them inside near the base station and no go.  But, as soon as I pull the power on them and let the battery take over then the Motion Detection Test utility starts working(yellow LED blinking when moving in front of the camera).  The reason I tried the Motion Detection Test was because the outdoor cameras have started to miss the delivery people coming up the driveway.  So, I wanted to check on the sensitivity using the Motion Detection Test utility.  I also noticee when plugged into power that when entering the Motion Detection Test the amber light blinks once and then never blinks again.   I spent at least an hour with Arlo support(Chat) and they had no solution or idea what was happening.  I did a factory reset and added all cameras back in and ended up with the same problem, the two outside cameras will not work with the Motion Detection Test utility.  When armed they all seem to work, other than I am getting the dropped motion detected on the delivery folks at times.  The indoor camera in the garage works perfectly on all modes, power or battery.  I am using the Arlo power cables, one indoor one for the garage and two outdoor ones I purchased from Arlo.  I moved the indoor power cable to the ouside one and it did not change anything.  So, that ruled out a power problem.  These two outdoor cameras are in the sun most of the day and I believe they are starting to fail in some way.

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have had this issue with one of my indoor cameras with ac power last year. The only workaround was to swap it with an outdoor battery only camera.

In MHO the issue is in the camera firmware settings related to the camera operation using external power.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation