Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Monitoring cost

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlonomad
Follower
Follower

Love Arlo products especially the new cameras. Like the idea of a trial subscription for 3 months. Don’t like being bombaeded with reminders that my subscription will end soon - mid Feb, so I registered to stop the nagging emails. Expecting it to start after my trial. They then in effect cancel my free trial and implement my paid subscription. No one to contact to sort out. So the support for the subscription is no good nor are the ethics of cutting short a free trial.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Was it a new pro2 you purchased or a later model?

You should give arlo support a call and have them extend your current subscription by 1-3 months or 12 months depending on the purchase plan.

Go into the mobile app under settings/support/ camera for the number.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlonomad wrote:

so I registered to stop the nagging emails. Expecting it to start after my trial. 

It sounds like you purchased the subscription, and didn't just use the setting to stop promotional emails.  Is that the case?

If you purchase, the new subscription starts immediately.  Your cameras would remain on the trial - you'd have to cancel the trial, and then move them to the paid subscription plan.

While this does create some confusion to new customers, automatically adding on the new subscription to the end of an existing one creates some confusion in other cases.  For instance, someone wanting to upgrade from Arlo Secure to Arlo Secure Plus probably wants that to happen right away.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation