Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode/Rule Add Device doesn't exist

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Deekay789
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can add another device to a rule using the Arlo Pro2 on one base station (that is, I can set a detection to record on two cameras using the bottom 'Add Device' button' - if this detection then record o this camera and record on that camera) but not when using the Arlo Pro2 on another base station. Is this system really that random? I'm using the two latest Netgear base units, one is the white tub version base the other is the latest Nighthawk M1. Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be the M1 that's the issue since I can use cameras from one base to work with another. The issue with the M1 is the need to update firmware for both the cell part as well as the additional part for Arlo. Keeping the Arlo firmware up to date when the other part isn't needing updates causes the problem - you basically have old Arlo firmware installed. Nothing you can do about it other than to use a base.

Deekay789
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx jg, I was with you up to your last sentence. Are you categorically saying that Netgear will not be issuing updates for the Arlo Firmware component of thier M1 routers? I set the Cell Firmware to update automatically on this M1.

If this is the case then I think users need to know this. This M1 is a little over 1 month old. Bought in the UK Sept '18. Many will be looking at the M1 as a good alternative to the Arlo Base and if what you are saying is the fact then that's a serious compromise to my mind - and therefore the M1 should be avoided, for Arlo users anyway.

Are you in a position to claify this please? Many Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We had a similar issue with the R7000 a few years ago when Arlo support was integrated. Unless you can update the Arlo side separately, it's a tough nut to crack to stay as current as possible with how the bases work. I believe that updates for the M1 will continue but not at the same rate or version as for the base stations.

Deekay789
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx again. I'll investigate our local Netgear customer support and see what they say. I'll post any link I find here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation