Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
damoelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

In November 2019 I bought a package deal from HSN, 3 cameras and 2 lights with all the other stuff ie base and bridge. I thought this would include a magnetic wall mount since that was pictured. I did open the box in December to make sure the cameras and lights were there and then closed the boxes to install later. Well last week was later and I discovered the magnetic wall mounts were missing along with 1 package of screws. So now HSN and Arlo support are trying to bounce me back and forth as to whom is going to take care of this. I also bought the extended warrant plan. Two of the batteries do not work but after 4 hours with customer support and two cut offs, Arlo says they will replace the batteries. We will see.

Any ideas whom I should call or contact? I know I should have been more thorough when I first opened the box in December but alas too late...my bad! That still does not excuse the manufacturer from there responsibility. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that HSN is an authorized dealer. I suspect the box was not new, as delivered from Arlo. Shrink wrap can easily be added after the box is open. If the system was a return in any way, there's no guarantee that all parts would be present. That would mean that Arlo is hardly responsible. Whether HSN could be held responsible, I have no idea. Buying from a non-authorized party is always a crap shoot.

If you were near Rochester, NY I have a ton of unused mounts. No, I'm not going to the post office to ship them (I'm old and have health issues). A quick search on Amazon shows various solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that HSN is an authorized dealer. I suspect the box was not new, as delivered from Arlo. Shrink wrap can easily be added after the box is open. If the system was a return in any way, there's no guarantee that all parts would be present. That would mean that Arlo is hardly responsible. Whether HSN could be held responsible, I have no idea. Buying from a non-authorized party is always a crap shoot.

If you were near Rochester, NY I have a ton of unused mounts. No, I'm not going to the post office to ship them (I'm old and have health issues). A quick search on Amazon shows various solutions.

damoelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo was great about everthing. I just received two new batteries and three boxes of wall mounts. Thanks Arlo!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation