Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DanNM
Star
Star
It Seems like by the time I get my microphone up and running to speak to someone on my front porch, they would have either left or broken into the house.

Is there any way to get the microphone to open up immediately? You already have to wait 7 to 10 seconds for the livestream to open, then another 10 to speak is Impractical for all purposes. When I bought this, I thought the mic would be available when the stream was.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DanNM,

There are several factors that determine how quickly your live stream and microphone features will initiate. Poor ISP download/upload speeds can increase the time it takes to connect. Poor connection between the base station and the camera could also cause an issue as described. You might try relocating your base station and/or camera so that they are closer together and try again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

DanNM
Star
Star
Thanks James,

it's puzzling, my internet speed is average 341mbs, and my closest camera is only 12 feet away from the base station, but all cameras take 7 to 10 seconds for the video feed or the mic to load up.

Personally I wish the video and mic would load up at the same time, so right when the video is ready the Mic is as well.

Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation