Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Manual for Arlo PRo 2? What are the red lights on front of cameras? Getting "newer version" popup?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SAD2295
Tutor
Tutor

1. The was no user manual with my Arlo Pro 2, could someone give me a link to it?

2. What are the red lights on the front of the cameras?

3. When I try to live stream(?), I get a message that there is a newer version of Adobe Flash. But I can't install it, it runs to 55% and then I get a message close Chrome. (Chrome is closed).  I am running Chrome under Windows 10.  What's the trick here?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Find everything in the document library:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Find everything in the document library:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@SAD2295 wrote:

3. When I try to live stream(?), I get a message that there is a newer version of Adobe Flash. But I can't install it, it runs to 55% and then I get a message close Chrome. (Chrome is closed).  I am running Chrome under Windows 10.  What's the trick here?

That is a fake message.

You need to find the bit on Chrome that allows flash to run on my.arlo,com.

How to troubleshoot Arlo web client Flash errors when using Google Chrome

It really is about time that Arlo did away with Flash or at least stopped popping up those hopelessly inaccurate messages.

Just another user
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SAD2295 wrote:

2. What are the red lights on the front of the cameras?

IR lights that illuminate the scene for NightVision.

@SAD2295 wrote:

When you navigate to my.arlo.com, click on the padlock next the address bar before you log in.  You'll see an option to Allow flash there.  After you do that, you'll get a prompt to reload the page.  Then log in, and flash will work ok.

FWIW, Chrome uses a built-in flash player, so installing or updating the one from Adobe won't accomplish anything.

SAD2295
Tutor
Tutor

Ok got the user manual, which addresses most of the questions I asked.

Three replies, the questions answered, nice teamwork!

Thanks a bunch.

SAD2295
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

It definitely pays to ask.  This took care of that problems.  

Three replies to my post, three great answers!

Thanks all,

Shane

SAD2295
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

IR lights of course, I probably missed that in the manual.

All three replies to my post proved useful!

What would one do before the internet application communities?  Great way to get answers.

Thank a lot,

Shane

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation