Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlouser35
Aspirant
Aspirant

Magnet mount indoors, screwed into wall. Had cameras for less than 3 weeks and the magnet failed. Camera is cracked but still functional. Very annoying and will not be using any more of these.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Something isn't right... I use some of the ball mounts outside in all weather/wind and they haven't come down.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Magnets don't just fail somehow. Either something bumped the camera and/or the camera wasn't fully seated on the mount (such as while trying to make it rotate to an extreme position).

Simon-G
Aspirant
Aspirant

As others have said, they don't just give up being magnetic and drop your camera. I have 5 or 6 of these in use outside, and the cameras also have skins fitted (so a little heavier). They have stayed perfectly stuck in position for a year or more in all weather. The only time one ever came off was when it was carried away by a fox.

arlouser35
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only thing we can think of is that a kind of adjacent wall has a door on it and the door might have been slammed by our dog walker but everyone is saying these can withstand wind and weather so I don't get how a slammed door would dislodge it either. We don't move the angle, it's just inside pointed at our dogs at a simple angle. It's the only one we have on the magnet so I have no other comparison.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation