Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
suwatechie
Tutor
Tutor

I don't check my app everyday.  However, I get notifications all the time because my camera is set to my garage.  So I get notifications at least every morning and evening when I leave and come home from work.  I checked the app yesterday and today an noticed no videos had recorded.   All of a sudden they are recording now, but it looks like I have nothing for the last 7 days which should not be possible since I get notifications all of the time.  So either they never got saved, or they were deleted.

This is a pretty critical issue.  I spoke to Arlo support by chat, and they had no answers. Said they would get back to me.  I need to be able to rely on the videos recording or this system is of no use to me.

Anyone have a clue what is going on with Arlo????  I see other posts with similar behavior.

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @suwatechie,

Did you make sure that when trying to view your library, you don't have any filters set on your library? And are you not seeing the recordings through the web client?

suwatechie
Tutor
Tutor

No filters.

No to web client.

Videos are just gone!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to make sure, you had your mode settings to be armed, correct? Are you currently getting recordings now or is it still not appearing? Also, make sure that your internet connection is stable and does not have any problems.

suwatechie
Tutor
Tutor
Always armed as far as I can tell. I was getting notifications as usual. When went to check, no video. Why would I get notifications for an ubarned camera? We use internet all the time since we don't have cable. No outages that could tell in that time.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I always use the USB drive to record to instead of downloading from the cloud.  At least if you forget to grab your videos you can always go to that instead even if you are away for any length of time.

suwatechie
Tutor
Tutor

It would be nice if Arlo actual did what they promised.  When I originally reported this through chat, the response was that this was a known issue that others had reported and that I would be contacted within 48 hours.  A case number was created, and I was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours.  As you can see below, it has been much longer than 48 hours, and I have not heard a peep about this case number.

It is starting to sound to me that the chat rep did this because they did not have an answer, and was trying to get rid of me.  That is dissapointing as this is not a toy that I purchased.  I rely on the performance of this camera for my family's security.  If you don't know what the problem is, tell me that. 

If you say I will be contacted within 48 hours and you create a case number, I expect an update within 48 hours.

Your Case Details are- 
Case Number - 40550941
Summary - Cannot see the previous recordings on the library
Case Created on - 31/10/2018
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I don't rely on their cloud recordings anymore especially since I ditched my subscription.  I use the USB backups then copy them to my computer every couple of days, review them then delete ones I don't need.  Of course if your house burns down this isn't a good option unless you have them also backing up to your own cloud service or phone.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @suwatechie,

Sorry to hear that our support team never followed up with you. I have escalated your case so our support team should reach out to you. If you still have not heard back from them after 48 hours, please let me know via PM.

suwatechie
Tutor
Tutor
I get it. However, one of the primary reasons I chose Arlo was the convenience of having everything saved on the cloud and not having to manage it myself. I can review the video for the last 7 days and save only what I need to save instead of having to manage tons of short videos on my own. If this is not a reliable feature then frankly there are better options out there. But thanks for your reply.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation