Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Taylor1234
Follower
Follower
Not sure how 1 camera lost video for days, when 2 others are working fine.
8 REPLIES 8
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Have you checked if that camera is still detecting motion? Try to create movement in front of that camera and check if there will be recording shown on the library. I f no recording that means your camera is no longer detecting motion. Try removing the battery form the camera for about 1 minute then put it back in. Try to trigger motion again if it works.

You can follow the steps on the link below.

• Why isn't my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Go, or Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free camera detecting motion?
https://kb.arlo.com/994085/Why-isn-t-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Go-camera-detectin...

🙂

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having same problem as the original poster.  After I got prompts today that Arlo was not available, try later makes me wonder what is going on with the product.  Are they trying to upgrade, resolve issues and created more.  I don't want to be climbing ladders to remove and replace batteries.  Is this an ongoing problem with the product? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My system has been working fine all along. What are the LEDs on the base showing when having problems? Can you use live view if the cameras are online? Are the camera batteries dead? Have you tried logging out and back in as well as use both the app and a browser? More details can help determine what's up.

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

My system has been working fine all along. What are the LEDs on the base showing when having problems? Can you use live view if the cameras are online? Are the camera batteries dead? Have you tried logging out and back in as well as use both the app and a browser? More details can help determine what's up.

Yes all the above. The cameras are on LIVE but do not video the motion even when I walk out under the camera. Sound is not triggering the camera either.  My batteries are at 87%. I've logged in and out on computer and uninstalled app and reinstalled on phone.  I've gone into Mode made sure it was armed, checked levels and saved several times.  NOTHING.   Looks like QVC is getting your product back Netgear.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not my product - this is a user forum and I'm just one of the slugs trying to help out. You'll know a Netgear rep by the Netgear avatar.

A couple of things - 

1) remove the cameras from Setting, My Devices and resync.

2) Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. Open a case with support. If the devices are faulty, you can get them replaced there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CATexasgirl,

Are you live streaming when attempting to trigger motion? Keep in mind, while a stream is live, motion detection is temporarily disabled. If testing to see if your cameras are triggering on motion, do not initiate a live stream.

JamesC

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC wrote:

CATexasgirl,

Are you live streaming when attempting to trigger motion? Keep in mind, while a stream is live, motion detection is temporarily disabled. If testing to see if your cameras are triggering on motion, do not initiate a live stream.

JamesC

Yes JamesC thanks for the reminder.   My mailperson just came and motion did not activate the video, sound did.  I just did what the other helpful community member suggested. I removed device from account, I removed battery and let it set a minute, then I placed battery back in, and added back to account. Sound will trigger video but again motion doesn't.  I think my husband is sick of this product by now.  We've had 3 other issues we went to through chat support. One was fixed one was better but not truly fixed and now we've lost motion detection.   Sad this isn't working for us.  We have  stalking in our seniors community and we're trying to help catch the guy before he escalates.  

I do appreciate all of your help but I think something happened when Netgear did something to the system day before yesterday.   Thanks all. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CATexasgirl

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation