Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
fitmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just seems impossible to login with the new iPad Pro 11 inch. Ask to login with touch, there is no touch on the new iPad only Face ID. You can enter your credentials but no button to enter.

Tried several different things but just will not allow you to login.

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @fitmaster,

Try to install the latest Arlo app version, which is 2.6.2, and see if that resolves the issue.

fitmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. The version of the Arlo app on my new iPad Pro is 3.9 so I'm not sure if an olde rversion will solve this issue. Tried again yesterday and still unable to login. Asking for touch ID (which the new iPad Pro does not have) and there is no login button after your credentials are inserted. Thanks again, will keep trying.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You should be on our latest Arlo app version, which is 2.6.2. You can see the release note here: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.2 - 21st November 2018. Also, make sure that you are running on iOS 12.1 on your iPad Pro.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@fitmaster wrote:

Just seems impossible to login with the new iPad Pro 11 inch. Ask to login with touch, there is no touch on the new iPad only Face ID. You can enter your credentials but no button to enter.

Tried several different things but just will not allow you to login.

Just FYI, I'm using Arlo successfully on my 11" iPad Pro.  I've run both version 2.5.5 and 2.6.2 successfully.

skylane58
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem.....  When I first start the app it asks for a user name and password.  I enter them both and when the keyboard drops, there is no button for login.  It was there before I brought the keyboard up...........  I have the latest version 2.6.3.  Did something change in 2.6.3?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@skylane58 wrote:

I am having the exact same problem.....  When I first start the app it asks for a user name and password.  I enter them both and when the keyboard drops, there is no button for login.  It was there before I brought the keyboard up...........  I have the latest version 2.6.3.  Did something change in 2.6.3?

I think someone else mentioned they had to manually scroll the screen up to see the button again.

skylane58
Tutor
Tutor

The screen will not manually scroll up....  I also have the latest version of ios 12.1

skylane58
Tutor
Tutor

I figured it out......  I scrolled up manually while the keyboard was up and it presented the button!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

skylane58
Tutor
Tutor

If anyone else has this problem, make sure you sroll up while the keyboard is still up.  It wont work after you close the keyboard.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@skylane58 wrote:

If anyone else has this problem, make sure you sroll up while the keyboard is still up.  It wont work after you close the keyboard.

I set my iPad and the app up for FaceID so I never saw the problem,

Nighthawk99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just got a new 11 Ipad Pro and am having an issue with the Arlo app. The issue is that when you get to the login screen and bring up the keyboard to type in the login info, the keyboard covers up the login button. This has always been the case. The new issue is that when you remove the keyboard to push the login button, the login button is no longer there.

Seems to be an issue only with the new ipad. My prior 10.5 Ipad Pro doesn't do this. On it, the button is still there when the keyboard is removed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use iOS but have you tried both landscape and portrait mode?

fitmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for letting us know. What I've found out is - when setting up the new iPad Pro, if you copy from your older iPad Pro you get this error. If you setup as a new iPad Pro then possibly like in your case, there are no login errors. Not sure but that seems to be the case. I will delete the app and reinstall and see if that solves the issue. I still can't login at this time. Seems like a software bug that needs to be fixed.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@fitmaster wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. What I've found out is - when setting up the new iPad Pro, if you copy from your older iPad Pro you get this error. If you setup as a new iPad Pro then possibly like in your case, there are no login errors. Not sure but that seems to be the case. I will delete the app and reinstall and see if that solves the issue. I still can't login at this time. Seems like a software bug that needs to be fixed.

Interesting.  I actually did set up  my 11" iPad Pro from a backup of my 10.5" iPad Pro at that time.  However, I was deliberately still on V2.5.5 of the Arlo app at that time and I subsequently installed 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 on my 11" iPad Pro...so I can continue to compare the new versions on my 11" iPad Pro to V2.5.5 on my 10.5" iPad Pro.  It sounds like you are saying, if someone sets up a new 11" iPad Pro with the new version of the Arlo app, from a backup of a previous iPad, it causes problems?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation