Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Epivaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed my new bundled Arlo Pro 2 system today with 5 cameras.  I set it up using the app via my ipad.  Everything works great except when I tried to login into my arlo account via a windows desktop using the chrome browser nothing happens?  I'm also using Kaspersky Internet secuirty on this computer.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Epivaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding arlo.netgear.com to a trusted list of URLs, aka as whitelisting, within Kaspersky's Web anti-Virus settings won't fix the login problem.

What must be done is to add arlo.netgear.com to the manage exclusions list under: Settings>Additional>Network>Encrypted Connections Scanning>Manage Exclusions.  After ensuring the exclusion is "active" , restart the computer.  Once these steps have been completed, you will be able to login into your arlo.netgear.com account.  I'm using a Windows 10 desktop, Chrome browser, and Kaspersky Internet Security v19.0.0.1088 (d).  Hope this helps those having login issues with Windows desktops using Kaspersky Internet Security.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you search, you'll see the Kaspersky definitely is the issue. There will be some threads that'll tell you how to allow you to access Arlo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically you need to whitelist arlo.netgear.com in Kaspersky.

Epivaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding arlo.netgear.com to a trusted list of URLs, aka as whitelisting, within Kaspersky's Web anti-Virus settings won't fix the login problem.

What must be done is to add arlo.netgear.com to the manage exclusions list under: Settings>Additional>Network>Encrypted Connections Scanning>Manage Exclusions.  After ensuring the exclusion is "active" , restart the computer.  Once these steps have been completed, you will be able to login into your arlo.netgear.com account.  I'm using a Windows 10 desktop, Chrome browser, and Kaspersky Internet Security v19.0.0.1088 (d).  Hope this helps those having login issues with Windows desktops using Kaspersky Internet Security.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some have reported that whitelisting has worked but we don't know what steps were used to accomplish this so they may have done what you suggest. I've saved your process for future threads that are likely to pop up.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation