Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Xelaju
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased the ARLO Pro 2 … firmware all updated.

On loss of internet … yes ..the base stn may record events to local storage, but, if the base stn loses power intermittently it appears the time stamp for the recording is not correct ...mine has a time stamp a week earlier. This is pretty bad … in that if you want to see what the local record has .. you´d power down the base stn for the memory removal. Actually … when you re-install the memory and power up the stn again (still no internet) sometimes it does not perform local recordings.  Has anyone any experience with this?

Maybe I have a suspect device, but I am sorry to say this …  this is what you´d expect from a tech company developing a security device, as opposed from a security company developing the device. Security devices should be a little more FAIL SAFE!

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
The process of removing the USB backup device requires that the device is ejected first using the remove device function in the base station device settings. If you remove power before this then this could explain the time stamp issue.

Regards the internet connection, yes you need to have it available to do anything. There is a historical issue with externally powered cameras not recording to the USB when internet is lost.

The base station and internet modem should be UPS powered for continuous operation during power outages.

Xelaju
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you have no internet … one cannot utilize the "eject USB device".  I remove the power on the base station prior to removing the USB recording.  On reinstalling the USB ..then repowering the base station, things start going astray.  Having a UPS might help with some issues on the initial power failure when there´s no internet …. but still no way to remove USB device  without first removing the power on base station.  I believe this is when the time stamp is muddled. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Xelaju wrote:

When you have no internet … one cannot utilize the "eject USB device".  I remove the power on the base station prior to removing the USB recording. 

I think it'd be more useful to restore internet, and then eject the USB drive and review the videos on it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation