Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local flash drive only recording for 5 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sprintman
Tutor
Tutor

Installed a Sandisk cruzer 128GB 2.0 flash drive for local recording. Base station is a VMB 4000. It will only record the first 5 sec of action even though the base is recording for 5 minutes to the cloud. Arlo record time is set at 300 sec.  Tried other flash drives with same result.  Have formatted drives with the arlo app and with windows 10.  Results the same, will only record the first 5 seconds of activity. I don't see an option in the app to change or vary the local record time. Any ideas of whats going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sprintman
Tutor
Tutor

Problem of short local recording time solved by doing a reset on base, then removing the power cord for 10 sec. Removed each camera from app and then removed base from app.  Then did a fresh install of everything.  Flash drive now records the full video as it is supposed to do. Man I was really thinking I got a lemon base.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and use a fixed time to record ( 2 mins max ) as opposed to record till motion stops... format the speed disk in fat32.

test again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sprintman
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response.  I have already varied the  record times, using fixed times,with the same results.  The flash drives I have used have been  formatted both hrough the Arlo program and with Windows 10 using the 32 FAT. Still same results.  The 5 second recording is a fine recording, but it is only 5 seconds.  The file size of the recorded scenes is small, 700 - 800 KB.  I feel the problem is not with the flash drives, since they are recording small files or or playback feature of my computer.  Something is affecting the record time in the Arlo app.  Thanks

Sprintman
Tutor
Tutor

OK, Now I have used a WD 1TB portable hard drive USB 3.0 compatible with USB 2.0, formatted through the Arlo app, app says drive is ready, but still will only record 5 seconds.  Have powered  on and off with drive connected to base and not connected to base, still same results. Frustrated at this point, as am sure it's an app problem, not a recording device or playback problem.

Sprintman
Tutor
Tutor

Problem of short local recording time solved by doing a reset on base, then removing the power cord for 10 sec. Removed each camera from app and then removed base from app.  Then did a fresh install of everything.  Flash drive now records the full video as it is supposed to do. Man I was really thinking I got a lemon base.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation