Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PNelson
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a VMB4000r3 base station and 5 Pro2 cameras.  I have a USB flash drive plugged in to store videos locally.  The housekeeper must have moved the base station to dust and the ethernet cable came slightly loose.  (The cable does not click into the base station, but that is another issue.)  I went to check the videos on the USB drive and the time stamps were showing Jan 1 2003.   It appears the base station is not capable of maintaining a proper time stamp when the internet is lost? Do others notice this issue or is it just me?

I should call this in but I do not have the time to go through the help desk's required script to reset the base station, resync cameras,  remove batteries, contact my isp, etc,

PNelson

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

New one to me.... tho I have seen devices fall back to an old date when unpowered/ powered and no access to set time

was it powered down too?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
PNelson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tom Mac asked "Was it powered down too"?

I cannot be absolutely certain, but highly unlikely.  The power cord fits well into the unit and does not come loose if you move the unit.  There are unused power outlets at this location, so there would be no reason for the housekeeper to unplug the power adapter. 

PNelson
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am still having the problem of when the internet goes down (or the ethernet cable comes loose from the base station) the time stamp on the local files on the USB drive have the wrong date and time stamp.

Does anyone else notice this problem?

Paul

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation