Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live viewing

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
cwanous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the camera stream a live feed continously or does it require motion detection to start streaming?
14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you use the optionl CVR, streamingis only when recording from a motion or audio event or when live viewing.

cwanous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response. But I'm still not sure.... can I look at a live picture at any time or does the sound or motion detection have to activate the camera before I can look at what the camera sees?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can look at a live view at any time... But the prgm will time out/off at about 30 min max. It will not stay live

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is not my experience. At least, its not working that way from initial set up and is how i got here tonight. Invited a friend to watch my humming bird feeder camera but i cant watch it so im fairly assuming they cant
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

How are you trying to access this camera?

The PC interface and the Android app have a "dashboard" that lets you look at a list of your devices. Then I just press the Live button and that takes me to a live view.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iphone, i’ve clicked on the “live” screen/button but not sure I did that from the list of devices page you mentioned.. All I get is “you are not connected to the internet” either way being im away from my home wifi, i cant even log in.. I thought we already established earlier in this thread that we are trying to view the camera from out side our wifi, or if i turn wifi off and use just LTE on my phone to view the live feed. That ability is critical.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@desmosabie wrote:
All I get is “you are not connected to the internet” either way being im away from my home wifi, i cant even log in..

Are you connected to the internet? Have you logged into the Arlo server?

Check the section View Camera Feeds in the User Manual

@desmosabie wrote:
I thought we already established earlier in this thread that we are trying to view the camera from out side our wifi....

Not that I can see.

Does your issue have anything to do with the question from @cwanous? That was about the need for a trigger.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
That info you’re talking about doesn’t matter if you cant log in.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

So, we have now moved on from "This is not my experience." to your inability to login.

What happens when you try to login with your iPhone app?

Heaven only knows where "LTE on my phone" comes into things.

Just another user
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
your lookin at it in the previously attached photo , nothing, seriously its just a frozen screen. That is not actually “frozen” being I can seitch apps just fine, go to other web pages in other tabs just fine etc. This time i attached a screen shot that is just after the “not connected to the internet” notification (though i clearly am given bars/LTE above and that i’m posting here and now,) tho nothing comes after this screen shot because it is frozen here
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I guess I should add that the support and forgot buttons work, it is just the login and the new user buttons that do not.
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
So now i’ve tried logging in from the web address via my iphone, not the app, and I got this, and yet again I am clearly connected to the internet. I have since deleted the app in a hands up approach to anything that might help
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I have seen other reports of Netgear/Arlo problems with Safari.

The iPhone app is also a cause of grief.

Just another user
desmosabie
Aspirant
Aspirant
well..... worked 6 months ago when I bought it,
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation