Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
stribor45
Tutor
Tutor
When you go on live view you can actually zoom in. When i zoom in at 1.5x and you pan left and right for bit i can center the view exactly the way i want it.
Is there a way to keep it this way so next time motion is detected it only records the area within that zoom of 1.5x?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@stribor45 wrote:
When you go on live view you can actually zoom in. When i zoom in at 1.5x and you pan left and right for bit i can center the view exactly the way i want it.
Is there a way to keep it this way so next time motion is detected it only records the area within that zoom of 1.5x?

YES.

In the Web GUI click "Devices". Now click the gear icon at the upper right of the image for the camera you want to zoom. Click Video Settings. Click the magnifying glass zoom icon at the bottom-left of the image.  Drag the corners of the image to select the new view area. Now click the zoom icon again (which now is labeled "save.)

From now on your camera will show and record only the zoomed area.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked out Pan and Zoom in the camera settings? Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings.  Poke around - there's lots of things to discover.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor
In my video settings i have following:

Night vision - set to on
Rotate image - set to off
Activity zone - nothing to do here since camera is not connected to power source
Power management - set to best video

Where are the settings that you suggested are there and i am not seeing?

Thanks
Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

For Arlo wire free and pro, you'll just have the option to Pan and Zoom the area. BUT for Arlo Pro 2, you have the activity zone where you can select what zone the cameras will just detect motion

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor
Yes but first of all i am plugged into power so i cant use zone but even if i could it doesnt solve problem that i want to resolve.
I dont want to zoom in the area and only record that zoomed area. This is outside of motion detection.
Other user suggested that there is setting for it and i am failing to see where it is
Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

What arlo system do you have? Is it the Arlo Pro or Pro 2? Becuase is you have the Arlo Pro 2 there is no Pan and Zoom option, only Activity Zone.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo pro 2
What i am trying to do is zoom so recording only sees my driveway
I dont want it to record sidewalk or part of neighbour driveway
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@stribor45 wrote:
Activity zone - nothing to do here since camera is not connected to power source

You're right, for the P2, there's no Pan and Zoom - it's the Activity Zone. Note that there's a Zoom icon at the bottom left that you use to set the zoom area.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Are you saying on Arlo Pro 2 I can set the zoom so it records only my driveway rather then mine and part of neighbours??

I am not connected to power source.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

@stribor45 wrote:
Arlo pro 2
What i am trying to do is zoom so recording only sees my driveway
I dont want it to record sidewalk or part of neighbour driveway

I have  the Arlo Pro 2, as far as I know, the view for recording is fixed (no external power, no activity zones). Either reduce the motion detection sensitivity so the camera isn't triggered by people walking by but is triggered by people walking closer to the camera. My front porch camera is set that way, the best angle also gets the street and sidewalk. I reduced the sensitivity so it takes someone about 20' from the door to trigger recording. However neither people on the sidewalk nor cars going by trigger recording. Works well, no false recordings. 

Other option is to find another mounting spot though locations are always a whole set of trade-offs. 

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

I get the motion sensitivity but once it detects the motion is still records everthing in camera view not just area where the motion is detected

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

There are no settings to record only a part of the view. Even with AC power and activity zones, once triggered the recording is of the entire view. Your two options are to physically put up something in front of the camera to block the view of your neighbour's property or find a position for the camera closer so it only is viewing your property.  

Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to achieve, can you eplain more? How large in area is the area youwant to detect motion and record motion there? Does your detection zone include everything you want to monitor? What happens if the person moves outside your zone of detection, don't you want the recording to show what they are doing too? 

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@stribor45 wrote:

YES.

In the Web GUI click "Devices". Now click the gear icon at the upper right of the image for the camera you want to zoom. Click Video Settings. Click the magnifying glass zoom icon at the bottom-left of the image.  Drag the corners of the image to select the new view area. Now click the zoom icon again (which now is labeled "save.)

From now on your camera will show and record only the zoomed area.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Good to know. 

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Great advice.  Thank you for help

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation