Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view stops displaying image - Continues audio

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bhote19
Aspirant
Aspirant

The recording does not play all the way to the seconds. The footage just disappears after few seconds and just hear the sound.
Sometimes, you can hear the sounds even when you are not playing the footage.
The arlo have been asking me to download even I have arlo legacy and arlo app. Is there any other arlo app to download? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bhote19 wrote:

@StephenB all of the above. Thank you.

There is an issue in the iOS player, where audio will continue to play even if you exit the video.

You might want to download some of the videos onto a PC, and play them there to rule out misbehavior in the app.

There can be loss over the network connection to the cloud - and that might account for some of what you are seeing.  If the file isn't complete, there will be pixelation, frozen video, and similar artifacts.  Are you seeing connection drops, or errors when you live stream?

Lag (either in notifications or in responsiveness to live stream) is another matter entirely.  It will vary (and sometimes is much longer than I'd like).  A temporary workaround that often helps is to restart the base station.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There are only the older app which should be replaced by the newer ( ver 2.9x )... both should not be run at the same time.

As to the videos... does it do the same if downloaded and then played ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bhote19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both apps runs parallel. Which one should I delete(arlo legacy or other ones)?.
It does like that when I play recordings. Thanks
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bhote19 wrote:
Both apps runs parallel. Which one should I delete(arlo legacy or other ones)?.

Delete the legacy one.

Bhote19
Aspirant
Aspirant
What about the video lagging...?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bhote19 wrote:
What about the video lagging...?

Not sure what you mean by lagging.  Is this what you mean?

@Bhote19 wrote:
The recording does not play all the way to the seconds. The footage just disappears after few seconds and just hear the sound.
Sometimes, you can hear the sounds even when you are not playing the footage.

Or do you mean delay in seeing the live stream or getting notifications?

Are you using Android or iOS?  Also what OS version and what app version?

Bhote19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bhote19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app version: 2.9.1(1134), released in September 2019
IOS: 13.1.2

Thank you @StephenB

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bhote19 wrote:

There is an issue in the iOS player, where audio will continue to play even if you exit the video.

You might want to download some of the videos onto a PC, and play them there to rule out misbehavior in the app.

There can be loss over the network connection to the cloud - and that might account for some of what you are seeing.  If the file isn't complete, there will be pixelation, frozen video, and similar artifacts.  Are you seeing connection drops, or errors when you live stream?

Lag (either in notifications or in responsiveness to live stream) is another matter entirely.  It will vary (and sometimes is much longer than I'd like).  A temporary workaround that often helps is to restart the base station.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation