Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Levicd
Guide
Guide
  • Hi the app notifies me when a recording is made but when I go to library and click on today's date it only shows yesterday's recordings...
32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this happen day after day or are you now missing all recordings after a previous date? For the latter, you can remove one camera from your account and sync it again to see if that helps.

Levicd
Guide
Guide

Thanks. It happens daily. Sometime in the afternoon it updates to the current day... 

Zebarti
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue using Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I suspect its a timezone bug they have introduced.

We are +12:00 and as you say it fixes itself in the afternoon. 

Bit of a pain as you need to wait 12 hours to see what triggered the notifications when this occurs.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the recordings missing on the web browser as well? 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

Thanks

Zebarti
Guide
Guide

For me, yes the recordings are the same on the web. And if you inspect the network traffic you can see duplicated data on the wrong day from the API.

Mobile Version: 4.19_28720

Cheers

John

Levicd
Guide
Guide

Hi thanks for investigating this. Yes exact answer as zebarti above.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Also, Is this occurring with the Android or iOS app?

Thank you 

Levicd
Guide
Guide

Android

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Levicd Thanks, I sent you a PM with more info. 

Zebarti
Guide
Guide

Yes, I am on Android also.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Zebarti 

Which version ?

Pehelope
Initiate
Initiate

I also am having this issue for the last few weeks.
The previous days recordings show in the library until 12:00 midday, then after that the current days recordings display.

Happens on my iPhone -Arlo 4.19 (8201 released 19 August).
It also happens when I logon on my laptop.
I am in New Zealand Timezone.

Zebarti
Guide
Guide

Mobile Version: 4.19_28720

Cheers

M-G-
Tutor
Tutor

hello, I have this same problem.

I can only see yesterdays recordings on todays date.

I am in Melbourne Australia

IOS and Web both the same

All items up to date with OS/firmware etc.

LBNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here, iOS. In New Zealand - I get the notification but nothing shows in the library until the afternoon. Can this be resolved? It’s a bit hopeless if you get a notification but can’t see it until hours later…

fozarlo
Guide
Guide

My arlo2 when armed and detects motion, sends an alert to my phone.  However the actual recording does not show up until a day later!  I’m in Australia, is this because it’s using the server in NA which is at a different time?  It used to send the recording right away

there is the same delay if I try a live recording. It doesn’t show up in the library until many hours later 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Not been an issue for my system so far in BNE. I am still using the older UI though.

M-G-
Tutor
Tutor

The app shows only the previous days recordings on today.

I get the notification but when I go in the app or web it only shows the previous days recordings.

At some point in the day it updates, but it is not until late afternoon / early evening.

Doesn't matter which device (camera or doorbell)

IOS: 17.5.1

App ver: 4.19

Devices all up to date

I am in Melbourne, Australia.

M-G-
Tutor
Tutor

i don't have hope given my experience with arlo support in the past and how arlo has become a money grabbing company, not a customer service or product company.

Pehelope
Initiate
Initiate

Yes  I agree the support is non existent with this issue, likely a ploy to force a plan upgrade or similar.

LBNZ
Tutor
Tutor

I see the acknowledgment of the issue here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-nz/support

Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

But that status link tells

me all systems are working and there’s no recent incidents open? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@M-G- Thank you for the information,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @fozarlo 

Are you still experiencing this symptom?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

fozarlo
Guide
Guide

Yes still experiencing this.  I tried removing the camera from the hub and then adding them back.  Still have a many hours delay. I get the motion alert, the red dot appears in the library, but when I open the library there is no recording and the dot disappears  However the device view of the camera shows the frozen motion that was detected!  

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation