Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Latest iOS and Android App 2.7.0 Updates

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Someone let me know when it is safe to upgrade to the latest versions released around 1/7/2019.  Seems like lots of issues just like previous few updates.

🙂 Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No issues on my android S7

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
scottkellman
Guide
Guide

What sucks is you can no longer stream without taking their stupid firmware updatre.  As soon as you update you can no longer stream, log in, see your cameras, or your base station.  I HATYE my system.

Scott
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can stream, log in, see my cameras and base. Most of us can. What have you tried?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I have plenty of problems with V2.7.0, but I can eventually stream and I can still stream on V2.5.5 on one of my iPads.  However, all of my devices are updated to whatever firmware they see fit to load on them.  So that could be a difference.  Did you really mean firmware when you said firmware?

scottkellman
Guide
Guide

Yes, I said and meant firmware.  Since this update I lost everything, I cannot stream from an iOs, Andrioid, PC, Mac, or smoke signals.  Does anyone test these updates?  I have updated the firmware like 100 times in the last 8 days or so and nothing, nada.  This system is a piece of CRAP and your firmware developers should be ashamed of themselves.

Scott
scottkellman
Guide
Guide

I have tried installing it like 100 times.  Nothing.  Eventually the system just turns off and never comes back on unless I turn it on.  I have removed it 5 times, reset to factory, re-added it and yet there is ALWAYS an update available.  This thing is a POS, going to have to replace it with a real system. If the firmware updates are going to break the system we should be able to opt-out.  Shame on the developers.

Scott
scottkellman
Guide
Guide

Good for you.  Did you do anything special?  My system is still down after installing the update like 100 times, removing, readding, resetting.  The system just turns off and stays off.  

Scott
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@scottkellman wrote:

Good for you.  Did you do anything special?  My system is still down after installing the update like 100 times, removing, readding, resetting.  The system just turns off and stays off.  

I don’t monitor my firmware revisions closely, so I don’t know when the base station or various cameras received their most recent updates.  The iOS application was the most obvious recent software upgrade I’ve noticed and those issues are well documented in various threads.

Perhaps you had a system failure coincident with the recent app upgrade.  I don’t think we have heard of anyone else being as completely disabled as you are with your system currently.  

When you say the “system” turns off.  Do you mean the base station actually turns off?  What is the behavior of the base station lights?   Or is this all related to the app update?

Cortizone
Guide
Guide

@scottkellman wrote:

Sounds like user error.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@scottkellman

Maybe it's best to Contact Support .. Could be a Hardware related issue.. I'm using iOS App version 2.5.5 and it's perfect.. I only have 1 device installed with version 2.7 and yes, it's glitchy but not to the point it's turning off.. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation