Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Just want uninterrupted live feed and no recording. Keeps timing out or reconnecting.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just want live feed no recording to watch my kid. Running Google Chrome on a Mac Air. 3 x pictures keep timing/browing out and reconnecting, sometimes not reconnecting.  How do I just get a constant uninterupted live feed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru - that is handy to know.  I tried the plugged-in camera as you suggested and it is better.  Just needs re-setting from time to time.  Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kidwatching wrote:

How do I just get a constant uninterupted live feed?

Presently Arlo doesn't support that in any camera except the Arlo Baby (and even with the Baby, there are timeouts reported here).

Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  Seems odd.  Such a basic requirement and it doesn't meet it, despite lotsa $$$.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery operated cameras run the battery down quickly when constantly viewing. Use AC power to eliminate this problem. However, the camera will still timeout as they do with battery only power. You could subscribe to CVR with the camera connected to AC power to be able to view constantly.

Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess my requirement is for a continuous hour a day watching my kid, with the cameras being off at all other times.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Indoors or out? The Baby may be what you need for indoors since it can run continuously without a separate subscription.

Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru.  Three cameras indoors.  I have already invested in the Pro 2 so I will just have to manage with what I have got.  Just disappointed that such an expensive product doesn't actually do a very simple function of what I need it to do.  I clearly need to do my homework in future!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Add AC power to the existing cameras then. That way you can watch as much as you want without depleting the batteries. The viewing will time out after ~30 minutes but all you have to do is start it again.

Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru - I will plug one camera in to power and see how it compares to the two unplugged cameras.  Most of the action is on only one camera.  Is there any way to extend the 30 min timeout, or is that hard-wired?  Cheers

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

30 minutes is all you can get on any Arlo camera except for the Baby. It's hardwired...

Kidwatching
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru - that is handy to know.  I tried the plugged-in camera as you suggested and it is better.  Just needs re-setting from time to time.  Cheers

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation