July 2024 Software Updat

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Katy49
Follower
Follower

I have two properties each with its own base station and cameras. With the original software I used to be able to set different schedules at each property and control each separately. With the new software updated in August 2024, I have lost the ability to control each independently of the other. Can anyone offer advice on what I can do and if it is possible to go back to the original software?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Katy49 wrote:

if it is possible to go back to the original software?

Note the app has supported both interfaces for a long time now.  Which one you get depends on how your account is set up in the Arlo Cloud.  This is not something you can change yourself.

A handful of folks have managed to persuade support to migrate them back to the old interface, but most haven't succeeded.  Even if you did, it would only be temporary, as Arlo is going to migrate everyone to the new interface.

@Katy49 wrote:

I have two properties each with its own base station and cameras. With the original software I used to be able to set different schedules at each property and control each separately. With the new software updated in August 2024, I have lost the ability to control each independently of the other. Can anyone offer advice on what I can do?

You can set up a second location in your account.  Then remove base+cameras from one property, and re-add it to that location.  Then each location will have its own "Arm Away", "Arm Home", and "Standby" modes, and each would have its own routines/automations for scheduling.

If you have a subscription, then you will need to get a second one, as Arlo requires one subscription for each location.

Unfortunately, several users have found that they cannot add VMB3000 or VMB4000 hubs back to their account.  This is a problem Arlo has been looking at, but it is not solved yet.  While I haven't seen any users saying that this affects the VMB4500 hub, it is possible that it does.  

I recommend waiting until that problem is fixed before  setting up another location, as it is possible you'll be unable to add the base to the second location if you proceed now.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation