Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
I keep getting a box’s saying this with pictures taken manually
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this an Ultra camera?

Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe that Arlo support are onto this issue now so I’m hopeful of a fix in their next App release.
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
No this is Arlo Pro and Arlo pro2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reason I asked if you had an Ultra camera is that the Ultra is the only one that requires the HEVC format. It's odd that you're getting this. For starters, reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

I don't have iOS but what phone and OS do you have? Someone else may have a clue.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Dannybear
Master
Master
Rebooting phone and reinstalling App does not resolve the problem for me.
Raven11
Tutor
Tutor

This morning I noticed two videos captured in my library. Both showed as recorded at the same time and both showed as manual videos. One had the play arrow displayed in the center of the screen and one did not. If I selected the video without the play arrow it would not play, but instead a pop up message would display that stated my device does not support HEVC format. The second video, with the play arrow, would play normally when I touched the play arrow.

what is HEVC, and what is going on?

my iPad is updated to the latest 12.1.3

Dannybear
Master
Master
HEVC meaning:

High Efficiency Video Coding, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2, is a video compression standard, designed as a successor to the widely used AVC. Wikipedia
Standards: ISO/IEC 23008–2, ITU-T H.265
Developed by: MPEG, VCEG
Extended from: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC

This is likely to be meant for the arlo ultra 4K camera’s, started for me with iOS App v2.7.0 and on snapshots.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation