Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there any limit to the number of devices to be able to connect to a Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
avaloney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's limit to the number of devices to be able to connect to a base station?

I have got the following connected to a base station and sometimes the cameras seems to not record for an hour or so when there's heavy traffic at home. I'm curious if it's an overload issue? 

• 5 Arlo Pro 2
  • 3 security lights
  • 1 arlo doorbell
  • Arlo Premier subscription
  • Onsite USB storage
  • 100Mbps/ 5Mbps download/upload speed

If it is an overload issue, I'm thinking of activating my spare base station to take over the security lights and doorbell functionality... Anyone?

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi avaloney,

There is no limit of how many Arlo cameras you can have on your Base Station; it will depend on what Arlo Smart subscription you have, which you can read about here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?.

For the Arlo Audio Doorbell, the Arlo Base Station can support up to two Arlo Audio Doorbells. And the Arlo Security Lights does not sync to the Arlo Base Station but to the Arlo Bridge.

If you are having problems are not recording properly, try to optimize the motion detection on your cameras: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation