Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
oliverjno
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. So I have the same problem that others have had with the Arlo cameras.  Where I have to keep the base station limits my range quite a bit.  Has Netgear come out with a wifi extender yet for them?  The only posts I have seen are from around 2015 and it is 2018 now. This has really been my only complaint with the system.  I have had it for about 3 months now.  Thank you for the help. 
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "extender" is a second base station. You can use a WiFi or powerline extender to connect the base's Ethernet cable. That way you pair specific cameras with a specific base to get the best signal.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

You can use a WiFi or powerline extender to connect the base's Ethernet cable.

Yup. I have used Powerline to connect my Arlo base station to the router.

So, but another Arlo Base Station, wire that back to the router over Powerline and away you go.

Or move the existing base station to somewhere between all the cameras, and then use Powerline to link back to the router. You may not need an  extra base station.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
AekaGSR
Initiate
Initiate

I myself have tried plugging my base directly into a wifi extender and it would not connect to the internet.  I was able to use my laptop off of the same extender just fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could be for a variety of reasons. Was the laptop using WiFi or Ethernet?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation