Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Braceman
Guide
Guide
5 REPLIES 5
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Braceman it's not gone, we made some changes to the subscriptions and now "No subscription" is equal to basic. If your Arlo camera came with 7 day Cloud Recording included, you will continue to have this feature. Even if you factory reset your camera/base station, move the cameras to a different account or pair your existing camera with our new Arlo SmartHub, you will continue to have access to 7 day Cloud Recordings for up to 5 cameras on your account.

And we apologize, we should have done a better job at messaging these changes to our customers. We're working to rectify that now. Here is a link to a KB that goes into more detail on this. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Nelob
Aspirant
Aspirant

That link shows cloud storage for up to 5 cameras.  Do you still get 7 day cloud storage for the 6th camera if you bought the 6 pack version?  I bought the 6 camera package but have not set them all up yet.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That should still work with all the original caveats. 1) You must use a new account to set the 6 camera system up and 2) you must use the correct system model number during setup.

Msettlemoir
Aspirant
Aspirant
Because of your plan update and kicking all my cameras offline, it toasted all the batteries in my cameras from them searching for the base. 16 - CR123 batteries are NOT cheap! Poor customer service.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was no plan update for existing users (unless you chose to change your subscriptions) and it wouldn't have put anything offline anyways.

What are the base LEDs showing? Did you reboot it? Did you have a power loss to your house or at least to the circuit powering your network? We need a lot more details to try to help.

BTW, online CR123 battery prices are <$2, especially in bulk. There's also the Tenergy rechargeable batteries certified by Arlo that minimize battery costs long-term.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation