Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Cbolos
Initiate
Initiate

My issue has evolved - now when I enter/leave my geofence, I get an Arlo notification that the internet connection has been lost, and it will only change modes (home/away) if I OPEN THE APP! This is ridiculous - anybody else having the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11
Seb56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, #metoo ! but not always, only sometimes...

And I still have the initial problem, notification each time geofencing mode change !

Non sense !

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Cbolos wrote:

My issue has evolved - now when I enter/leave my geofence, I get an Arlo notification that the internet connection has been lost, and it will only change modes (home/away) if I OPEN THE APP! This is ridiculous - anybody else having the same issue?

I get the “Internet connection lost” message every time I open the app, but it goes away.  I haven’t seen it associated with geofencing ... yet.

rbudge2222
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! This is exactly what’s happening with. Mine since we were migrated to the new app. Arlo, please fix this the whole system is useless to me without geofencing working!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Menne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I have the same issue. When I leave the house at a certain moment I will get the 'Internet Connection Lost' notification (although not all times I guess), and after opening the app it set's the Arlo-system to 'Away'.

Also Yesterday I noticed that we left for theatre, I turned off my phone. After the theatre I turned my phone on again, 3 minutes later I got an 'Arlo set to Away' message, and 5 minutes later (back home) it set to 'Arlo is Home' again.

Very frustrated of geofencing issues, as my system is totally unreliable, and also I'm not good at reminding myself to open the app to enable it.

PedalToTheMetal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also been getting the internet connection lost messages for a few weeks now, when I am leaving the home zone. Geofencing also gets disabled.

And, as always, the Arlo develepment team doesn't seem to care, just like with the custom alarm tone topic.

What a joke, I honestly wish I would have bought something else.

Seb56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lost connections is not my main problem as it is not each time...

But fidgets unwanted geofencing notifications are really a pity !

Seb56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Bored with my geofencing notifications, I removed application and installed it again (iOS)

At firsh launch, it asked me about "getting position", and options were :

- never

- when app is active

- later

So "always" option was missing !

I set it up within parameters menu of the iPhone, and the problem about geofencing updating only when app is launched was corrected !

I suppose you all have already checked the parameter, but...

But of course, still the fish notifications when geofence change.

arormoser
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here since the migration to the new App geofencing and Internet connection lost issues.

Thinking of replacing my whole camera setup, Arlo with this issue is useless.

I used to recommend Arlo all the time. Not anymore.

Thanks Netgear for buying Arlo and ruin the product.
Menne
Aspirant
Aspirant
After yesterday’s update the Geofencing functionality seems to be working again! Although arming/ disarming seems to be a bit slow, I don’t need to open the app anymore!
Seb56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, same to me, but always the notifacations each time the position change... I'm thinking of changing my full system...

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation