Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Internet connection in remote location via hotspot

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
WisMark
Follower
Follower

We have an Arlo Pro 2 installation at a remote home that does not have internet access.  I intended to use a mobile hotspot with a cell phone network to get the needed internet access.  However, none of the cell networks offer a hotspot with an ethernet connection.  I eventually purchased Netgear LB1120 hotspot, which is supposed to be compatible with AT&T (and thus Cricket). I set up a Cricket data account and put the SIM card in the hotspot.

The hotspot worked and allowed access to the Arlo system...for about a week.  After that, it quit connecting to the cell network (which has good reception in the area).  I took it back to the Cricket dealer, and after fiddling with it, got it working again.  Again, it quit after about 1 week.

Thanks

The lack of reliability is unacceptable for an installation that is about 150 miles from my home.

Does anyone know of a wireless provider that offers a ethernet-equipped hotspot, and hopefully that doesn't charge huge monthly rates?

Alternately, does anyone have an alternate solution to my problem (internet access for a remote location for Arlo)?

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation