Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am receiving notifications every 20 seconds.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rcerite
Follower
Follower

I have done everything I can think of to stop the motion alarm from sounding. Batteries are 100%, all 4 cameras synced, reset base, unplugged base from power, shut off base with on/off button, re-synced cameras. What now????

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Rcerite wrote:

I have done everything I can think of to stop the motion alarm from sounding. Batteries are 100%, all 4 cameras synced, reset base, unplugged base from power, shut off base with on/off button, re-synced cameras. What now????

Do you mean the notification sound or a siren from the base or cam? Do you have new recordings for each "alarm"? Have you tried to reposition the cam to remove unwanted motion it may be picking up every 20 seconds. 

SimplyJC
Aspirant
Aspirant
I saw someone comment concerning repositioning the camera, which may work because you may have too wide a view and pick movement for which you don’t want an alert or recording. These cameras can sense movement quite a distance away. My pro3 has three settings for the view: wide, standard, and full. They represent 160, 125, and 110 degrees in the viewing field. These adjustments can be found by going to your camera settings / video setting / video mode, if you’re camera model has that capability. If not, or in addition to this adjustment, you can go to your camera’s settings / device utilities / motion detection test, and adjust the sensitivity of the camera, if your camera model has this capability. Reduce the sensitivity until the camera stops giving you frequent alerts. I had to do this several times until my camera stopped picking up passing cars / trucks in the street which were about 100 feet away. Disabling alerts for vehicles didn’t help me because it continued to pick up these vehicles but reducing sensitivity did. And don’t assume your motion sensitivity adjustment was saved when you back out of settings, as this feature tends to revert back to your original setting by itself. I found that making the adjustment and remaining on that screen for an approximate minute, sometimes less, more quickly accepts the change but I have had to change it up three times before the change was accepted, in past attempts. It may also be wise to close the app and reopen it before making adjustments so you can be assured the app is awake and making changes to Arlo servers. In summary your option(s) are one or all of the following: physically adjust the camera view, modify your activity zones, choose a different lesser degree view in video mode, and reduce camera sensitivity. Play with it and see what works!
SimplyJC
Aspirant
Aspirant
In addition to my last post regarding this issue I have two addition recommendations. 1) Always use the manufacturer’s electrical cord that came with the product. The cord can substantially effect operation and 2) go to settings / smart notifications / choose the camera needing adjustment / and you will see “motion alerts” choices. Turn off any alerts that are unimportant to you including “other motion.” Best of luck in tinkering. It takes a little time and I had many of the same issues and my system appears to working good for me!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation