Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent severe pixelation on Arlo Pro 2 video and live stream. Worst when on night vision

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Susiebp1
Guide
Guide

I purchased 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras about 2 months ago. One of them has started producing severe pixelation on video recordings and also on live video. It is intermittent and sometimes fixed by turning the camera off and on again but will start doing it again a few days later. Seems to be worse when on night vision mode. This particular camera is plugged into the wall and about 3 metres from the base station. Wifi signals seems to be fine. Firmware is up to date.

My other camera which is running off battery and further away from the base station has not caused any problems to date. 

Screen shot showing the pixilation is attached. 

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Susiebp1,

this could very well be an interference issue. Swap the camera locations and see if the problem follows the camera or shows up on the other camera.

Brian

Susiebp1
Guide
Guide

Thankyou.  I hjave swapped the cameras around and will see what happens.  The problem has been intermittent so may be a while before I know if the issue is still there.

@brh wrote:

@Susiebp1,

this could very well be an interference issue. Swap the camera locations and see if the problem follows the camera or shows up on the other camera.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation