Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
mwh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 5 camera system (Arlo pro 2). two of the cameras activate and begins recording however 3 to 4 seconds into the recording the image disappears/vanishes. I can still here the sound of the individual walking or the car as drives by but no image....HELP

18 REPLIES 18
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you have them under constant AC power or battery? Do you have your camera set to record until motion stops or for a set amount of time?
mwh
Aspirant
Aspirant

both under AC power; record time set at 60 seconds

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
mwh
Aspirant
Aspirant

they don't apply: I've try rebooting changing the record setting back and forth to no avail.  Any other recommendations...

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not sure what you mean by “they don’t apply” but if you read that entire thread, it sounds like the same issue you’re having.  To test this, unplug your cameras and have them run only on battery. See if you get your 60  second recording’s that way. See if that fixes your issue. 

mwh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry I wasn't more clear. It first started when the cameras were on battery power and I thought going t0 AC power would solve the issue but it didn't.  I've tried turning the cameras off for a period; rebooting, but nothing works. When I review the play back of say a vehicle driving by, about 3 sec into the video play back  the vehicle disappears, but you can still hear the sound of the vehicle going buy.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
OK. That sounds like a different issue . Thanks for clarifying.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mwh

Have you tried to reboot the cameras or remove them from Settings > My devices & test again?

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If I can add to this, what I see with my situation is that the object which triggered the recording {car, person, cat, whatever...} disappears from within the recorded video. In my case its not that the recording stops and audio continues, the visual recording and audio continue but the object being tracked simply vanishes! Once the object is gone I can still see the branches on the trees moving from the wind blowing on them until the video times out.

If I needed to identify someone doing something bad to my property but they vanish before their face is visible then what good is $1500 of a system to me. 

I did purchase a three year warranty from Best Buy along with the package. I will give this some time before I return the whole thing and get my money back. Its not like the above is the only issue going. I have, and still am having, some of the other problems I see people complaining about. Too high a price to pay to enroll in what seems to be one big beta project!

RandyTashjian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I, too, am having similar issues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RandyTashjian

Have you tried to remove & re-instal the Arlo mobile app?

RandyTashjian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS,

Thanks for your reply.  I haven't yet but I can do that, test it out over the next few days, and let you know.

I appreciate your input.

RogerWilco486
Guide
Guide

This sounds very similar to the "On AC" issue where after about 10 seconds the video jumps to a still image of the last frame after the subject has left the field of view but the sound still continues. 

There's now 6 pages of folks discussing the issue over a span of three months but no resolution from Arlo besides "we're looking into it". 

If you are still in a position to return your Arlo for a refund, that's what I suggest you do.

RandyTashjian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @RogerWilco486,

That is actually almost identical to the issue I'm having except for the fact that the still image I see occurs even with the subject still in view.  For example, a car going down the driveway just disappears and the frame seems frozen.  It's not encouraging that there's still no solution from Arlo.  Returning the product is not an option for me, unfortunately. 

Thanks for your input.

JamieSchuster
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same problem. Random in nature but too frequent to rely on this as a security system if there are large gaps in its primary function Is this a software problem or hardware problem This a
Is the first answer that Arlo needs to address.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RandyTashjian wrote:

For example, a car going down the driveway just disappears and the frame seems frozen. 

Try downloading AVIdemux ( http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/ ) and playing the video in it.

When I've done this, I can see the missing pieces of the video (at the wrong frame rate, but they are there).  This tells me that something is damaged either in the encoded video itself or in the mp4 container.

While painful to do this with every video, if there is something you really need to see then using this editor might help you.

RandyTashjian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip, @StephenB.  I'll check it out.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB we’ve all become experts in workarounds just to use this system - every one of which has some sort of cost associated with it, be it time, money, or both.

I’m actively using 3 workarounds just to have any functionality on my system.... and it’s still janky at best.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation