Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I save to local HDD, is this restricted to saving 7 days recording?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Philipdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I know I have 7 days free cloud recordings available to me.  If I also save to a local HDD is this also restricted to saving 7 days recordings or will it save until the disk is full then simply overwrite previous recordings?

Thanks

Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Philipdp wrote:

If I also save to a local HDD is this also restricted to saving 7 days recordings

No, it is not restricted - it should instead overwrite old recordings when the disk or thumb drive is full.

Though at the moment access the local storage is pretty painful.  They should be rolling out direct access to local storage later this year, though it is possible that it won't apply to all base stations or cameras.   The pro-3 and ultra don't have the free 7-day recording, and the direct access is intended to provide a different mechanism for free recording for those devices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Philipdp wrote:

If I also save to a local HDD is this also restricted to saving 7 days recordings

No, it is not restricted - it should instead overwrite old recordings when the disk or thumb drive is full.

Though at the moment access the local storage is pretty painful.  They should be rolling out direct access to local storage later this year, though it is possible that it won't apply to all base stations or cameras.   The pro-3 and ultra don't have the free 7-day recording, and the direct access is intended to provide a different mechanism for free recording for those devices.

Ron_F_D
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ron_F_D wrote:

How do you record on a local device?

Most (but not all) base stations have either a USB connector or a slot for a MicroSD card.  If your base station has those, then you add the storage and set it up with the web client or mobile app.

Similarly the Arlo Go camera as a MicroSD slot.

Viewing the storage (at the moment) requires ejecting the storage, and connecting it a different device (e.g., a PC).

Philipdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - very helpful

Philip

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation