Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If I buy Arlo Pro 2 6 camera system will all 6 cameras work without upgrading to a paid subscription

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Jchancey
Follower
Follower

I would like to know if when buying the Arlo Pro 2 (VMS4630P) 6 camera system if the base station will work and record correctly with all 6 cameras without having to upgrade to a paid subscription. I have read that the when registering the serial number will be recognized as a 6 camera system and activate all six cameras to work and record without a paid subscription. Is this true? Because I’ve also read that the base will only support 5 cameras with the free subscription. Does buying all 6 cameras at once as a package allow you to use them all without upgrading to a paid subscription. Because the paid subscriptions make the cost of owning these cameras too high for me to consider. Thanks in advance for any help. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 6 camera system is special as long as you use a new account and the proper code when initially setting up the system. Otherwise you get the standard 5 camera arrangement.

Joe100
Aspirant
Aspirant
What does it mean new account when you already have one, and what is proper code?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the directions that came with the system? AFAIK, the 6 camera system requires a new account, not an existing one.

Markasaurus
Tutor
Tutor
I bought the six camera setup but was never offered a “code” on creating my account. I have one extra camera that won’t register. HOW DO I GET MY CODE???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been told that it requires a new account and that the serial number of the base will cause the system to be recognized as a 6 camera set. If already installed, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and use the New To Arlo at the login screen to set up a new account.

pmcneil18
Star
Star

I just did something similar (upgraded from a 2 camera base to a 6 camera base). Arlo support advised me that yes, the base does need a "fresh" account to get the 6 limit. But there is a way to preserve your email address for use again. Here are the steps they sent and I followed, they worked perfectly:

If you do not have any spare email addresses for creating a new Arlo account, you may go ahead as planned by doing the following steps: 

1. Login to your existing Arlo user account. 
2. Navigate to Settings > Profile > Email (field). 
3. Change the Email address value into something else (bogus email) than your correct email address. 
4. Authenticate the change by typing your current user password. 
5. Complete the email address (User ID) change, so your preferred Arlo User ID (your email) will be free from our database.

I then removed all devices from the account, unplugged the base, plugged in the 6-base, and started fresh with the "new to arlo" button when setting up. Basically started all over.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation