Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If CVR loses internet connection will it revert back to local event storage?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hah88
Follower
Follower
I have the Arlo Pro 2 with three cameras. One camera has the CVR service feature. The other two use the basic event storage. I also have a 2TB hard drive connected to the base station.

Would the CVR camera revert back to local storage if the internet was down? The initial reason I purchased this system was that it had local and cloud based storage.

I have invested heavily into this camera system with the purchase of the base station, cameras, and accessory components.

Easily at the 1,000 mark. If the products can't revert back to redundant local event based recording I see no reason to continue to invest into further or own this camera system. There are wireless CCTV camera systems that offer similar features with the same quality or better.
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A local USB device will record all motion recordings regardless of Internet connection - that's its main purpose.  CVR is never recorded locally so you'd lose that during any outage but normal recordings will be stored locally. WHen access is restored, the local videos are NOT sent to the cloud so you have to unmount the device to view what went on.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation