Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IR illuminators reflect off branches

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bvoswego
Aspirant
Aspirant

The brightness of the the IR illuminators are so bright they reflect off the branches of the tree it is installed in. I first noted the issue when I had wasserstein camouflage skin close to the lens. I removed these but the branches of the tree (a couple feet away at a 45 degree angle from center) seem to be reflecting the illuminators light and the camera lens then dims the overall light such that the area of a lighted street 40 feet away is almost dark. A second camera near by without any relective surfaces near is fairly bright looking at the same area from a different angle.

I am on battery only so I can not seem to zoom in past the branches.

Anything thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only real solution is to reposition the camera to eliminate the source of the reflections. Or whack the tree branches off...  🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only real solution is to reposition the camera to eliminate the source of the reflections. Or whack the tree branches off...  🙂

bvoswego
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, just moving the faux moss and the camera didn't fix things so traded cameras and the camera so nothing was in front of the lense and all is good. The lesson seems to have a clear veiw of things that are within a few feet of the lense. I moved the problem camera to a new location after removing and replacing battery and all is good. Must have reset the problem camera to factory settings.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation