Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I want to assign activity zones to modes on wired Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jmeekman
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, there was another post with the same question:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/ARLO-PRO-2-Applying-Activity-Zones-to-modes/m-p/1451352/...

It says it was “solved”, but there was not really a solution.  What I am looking for is an actual solution to this problem.  And now that I understand that it CAN be done with Arlo Q, it’s even more frustrating that I can’t do it.

So will someone from Netgear please speak up and let me know if this is in the works for those of us who shelled out for the newest, “best”, cameras on the market?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted in the thread you reference, zones can be set up and used.  Unlike the Q, any zones you configure are automatically used when on AC power rather than being able to select which ones you want to use as well as when in your rules.

What are you having issues with? The initial configuration or actual usage?

Jmeekman
Tutor
Tutor
No issues with either of those. Just more of a curiosity why the limitation in functionality for the Arlo Pro 2, which (when wired) should have the same abilities as the Arlo Q, yet doesn’t. It seems to be a software limitation in the app and website. So my question is, is this being addressed by Netgear.
To state it plainly, A wired Arlo 2 should equal an Arlo Q in app functionality, but doesn’t. Why?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I'm still not clear as to what bothers you. AFAIK, the only differences are 1) you can't choose which zones are active and when and 2) the powered P2 can't detect through glass since it apparently use both the PIR and pixel-based detection rather than just pixel-based.

Jmeekman
Tutor
Tutor
Your #1 is exactly what’s bothering me. That is the whole crux of this thread. I just want an actual resolution (as in Netgear updates the software for the Arlo Pro 2 to support this functionality also) I’m not looking for instruction on how to do it, I know that you can’t (right now). But since I know it’s functionality they already have programmed for a similar device, what the point of the thread is, is to say i want that same functionality for the Arlo Pro 2.

I was just discouraged that the other thread was closed with a “solution” where the solution was simply someone saying that it’s not available. That is not an actual “solution”. What I want is someone from Netgear to respond and say they are currently working in this.... and that a true solution was enroute...

So while I appreciate your time on this, if you are not a Netgear employee and are simply thinking I need configuration help, that isn’t what I am loooking for. I would like an official Netgear answer... do they not have those here? Maybe I’m in the wrong place...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmeekman,

If you would like to see this feature behave more like Arlo Q, I encourage you to post your idea/enhancement request in the Arlo Idea Exchange. Other community users can also review your idea and if they agree/like the idea, they can add Kudos showing their support. This encourages the development team to look more closely at the most popular ideas.

JamesC

Jmeekman
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks James, very helpful! Will do.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation