Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long will these cameras hold a charge?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Bandkat052811
Follower
Follower

How long will these cameras hold a charge? Minimum and maximum please. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bandkat052811,

Arlo Pro batteries last approximately 3-6 months with average use. For more information on expected battery life, take a look here: How long do Arlo camera batteries last?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Bandkat052811

All of that depends on the location where you mount the cameras, (heavy traffic vs light traffic and signal strength from the base station), how much of the time you keep the cameras armed vs disarmed, how much light is available to the cameras, (in a dark location the IR sensors must work overtime and drain the batteries sooner), etc.

Mine are indoors in well lit rooms and I only arm them when I leave home, so mine are lasting 7 to 8 months. When they were outside in heavy traffic areas they lasted about a month to 6 weeks.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bandkat052811,

Arlo Pro batteries last approximately 3-6 months with average use. For more information on expected battery life, take a look here: How long do Arlo camera batteries last?

JamesC

robbiebrown34
Guide
Guide

I've got 2 cameras, one wired in (for CVR) and the other just running on battery.

The one on battery see's around 10-15 activities per day when people walk past the house. I've had it installed since November and its on 43% battery today which I think is brilliant.

The beauty of having 2 of them and one on "mains" power is I can just quickly swap the battery around when it gets below 10% with less than a minutes downtime.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation