Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have not received a replacement for my alro pro device

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
kennethsmith
Follower
Follower

I must say that I am extremly disappointed with the service at Alro.  I really like the Alro pro camera's.  However one of my Arlo Pro camera's had a hawrdware failure.  After literially waiting on the phone (3 hours) to speak with a customer rep. I was given a reference number and was told that I will be recieving a replacement witihin 2 weeks.  It's now been more that 2 months.  I called again and at that time I was told the request was resnt and I will recieve a replacement soon.  

can someone help me with this.  Althrough I dont want to I am about to cancel my subscription. Is there a direct contact number or email where I can raise a ticket to have this resolved immediatly.

Thanks 
- Kenneth S. 

9 REPLIES 9
mike_perrotto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was promised a set of new batteries for my one-month old cameras.  I spent over an hour on the phone with one of their Technicians and they decided that my dead batteries were defective and approved replacement.  After a couple of weeks of not receiving a confirmation of shipment I called their support number again.  I was told that the case number that I provided was invalid and they were reopening the case.  They promised shipment of batteries within a few days.  Of course, after another week of waiting, nothing arrived so I called them again (this morning).  I gave them my case number and once again they claimed it was an invalid case number and reissued me a new one.  This time the length of the number was short one digit.  I reconfirmed the number and the Technician claimed it was valid.  I asked if he would confirm shipment and he literally hung up on me.  He claimed he would send me a confirmation email and as of this evening no email has arrived.  I’m convinced this off-shore support service is a scam and I’m ready to write their CEO and file a claim with our Attorney General.  I know how frustrated you are with this scam service.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The support is by far the worst on planet earth. Just for the support issue alone i will never purchase Arlo products again. The firmware update they did erased my paid subscription and you guessed it they have no record of me having it. And even the receipt that they emailed me when i purchased the subscription was "no longer valid". How does that make any sense at all. Since when does a reciept in america just turn invalid and not be good anymore. Scam is right
Danwick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called with a question about motion detection not turning off and I just expirenced a very rude person with an indian accent trying to tell me I had sleepers and people on my network that were causing the problem. I hung up on hime befor he could try to sell me anything. If you google arlo support there number comes up. I think NetGear is getting **bleep**ed over by these guys and NetGear is so large they dont even know it. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Danwick,

It sounds like you may have contacted the wrong support number. When contacting support, be sure you're using the contact information found on the Arlo Support website here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

RDD---
Initiate
Initiate

Maybe if the netgear web site was constructed in such a way so that a consumer could more easily find a contact number then people wouldn't have to use Google to find the number and then be confronted with the scam. 

They obviously bury the contact number to discourage people from using it.  Very lousy customer service as a consequence.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

There seem to be way too many people doing a google search for Arlo Support. It is not difficult to locate a support # on a companys official website. Using google search will result in 90% scam phone #s.
Anyway Support Center

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Liamg91
Aspirant
Aspirant
They told me it would take 3 to 5 business days for a replacement ac power cord. 5 weeks later it turned up.
Squaddy26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the set of 4 from HSN I HAVE NOT HAVE GOOD USE OF CAMERAS WHEN I CALL FOR SUPPORT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO TROUBLE SHOOT ??THE BATTERIES DON'T LAST FOR MORE THAN 7 WEEKS CAMERAS BUFFER A LOT I HAVE EVEN INCREASED MY VERIZON FIOS I AM UP TO 150 NOW ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Squaddy26

What firmware version is your cameras/base station running? have you tried to reboot he base station?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation