Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
windows252525
Guide
Guide

Hi All, 

i am looking for some help. Arlo support wont answer the phone i just stay on hold. I do the call back option and i never receive a call back. I tried the chat function and it never connect. 

My app wont pick up my base station rendering the whole system unusable. I have tried all the troubleshooting and looking for support to help. Yet i cant engage them in any way all. 

Very frustrating. Can someone please suggest some help. 

Thanks. 

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not good news, but you may have to remove all devices and start as if new ( use remove device ) on cameras and base then reclaim.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
windows252525
Guide
Guide

Thanks Tom. This is what i have done. And now trying to pick up the new arlo products it wont pick up any of them. Followed everything and done all trouble shooting and still doesnt work. 

Hence why i wanted to talk to support. But it seems impossible to speak to them by any method also. Really frustrating. And very poor customer service. 

I hope they find this and contact me asap. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried via the web instead of app?? ( what OS, apple? )

use a browser at https://my.arlo.com

Also, to sync cams after the base is found, you can try to do so outside of the prgm... just a quick press on the base, then the cameras.

Morse is faster than texting!
windows252525
Guide
Guide

do you mean try to contact support via the web as opposed to the app. If so i have tried both. 

If you mean setting up the base station via the web i havent no. I am android user. No Mac stuff. 

windows252525
Guide
Guide

i have tried to set up via app and web. And done the factory reset and everything else they recommmend. Nothing picks up the base station even though the lights are indicating all working fine. 

Hope support pick up some slack and get in touch. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @windows252525

What is the web displaying when trying to setup the base station?

Did your factory reset include pressing the reset button on the back for 10 sec or did you reboot the base with the power button? sorry for the question, but it's better to be safe.

windows252525
Guide
Guide
It just says it cant find any arlo devises.

I have also done the factory reset several times and that doesnt change anything either.

I have now had to buy an updated base station. £200 down now because of a faulty product.
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Was the original Basestation under guarantee because if so you should’ve been able to return it to the retailer which may have included the complete package.

i take it the new station has solved the issue or are you waiting?

windows252525
Guide
Guide
It's coming tonight with another camera too. I cant even remember where I got it or when I bought it.

Most disappointed by arlos lack of support . Really really poor.
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Chances are your credit card statement should show the purchase so it’s worth checking them just in case but don’t forget if you are U.K. you get extra protection but the emphasis is on you to prove a fault but it does give you some benefits.

sadly yes support needs to be in house, I like the product but the company they use for support gets a bit of a hammering on reviews and as you have found out they are not great. 

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Before setting up the new one I take it you checked to see if the Arlo basestation was picked up on a Wi-Fi scanner. If you have not got one it’s worth looking for a free version.

on the setup Bluetooth was enabled under the Arlo app settings.

I’m guessing it was working fine then just failed or was it when the new app appeared?

windows252525
Guide
Guide
It was working fine then stopped
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Sounds like a fault sadly. See if you can find where it’s purchased from and see how old it was.

theres some info here that will help if you are U.K. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/claim-using-a-warra...

kemyst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem as mentioned with previous user. The iOS app will not discover the basestation at all. Thanks for link to web app, discovers instantly and allows setup to move ahead. Cheers!

jdam79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. The "hourglass"/search tool just keeps spinning and never locates the hub. It was connected until this morning and now I have tried just about everything to connect it and nothing works. Nothing makes me happier than paying $500 for inferior products. My $15 amazon lights don't seem to have a problem connecting to other devices, but somehow a company like arlo can't get a single device to connect to another device. 

jdam79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Be careful about doing that. I just removed all the devices and now nothing can connect. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jdam79

Have you re-added/setup the devices to the account through the app?

mollydooka
Aspirant
Aspirant
After 2 hours of trying absolutely everything to re-find my base station on my app (after accidentally de-activating it), I decided to try logging on with my MacBook Air, and immediately found my base station, and re-connected both Arlo cameras in minutes. The app is seriously flawed, and needs updating.
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation