Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am Receiving Alerts with no recordings

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I am also experiencing repeated alerts through both iOS and Android and when I go to the library to view, the library shows a number indicating an entry. However, no video exists in the library. This can happen repeatedly during the day with nothing being posted to the library. Some days I get both alerts with recordings and alerts without recordings. I also have noticed that I do not get an email if it is a “false” alert. This has been happening for the past couple of weeks; both before and after the latest firmware update.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KKS-Col wrote:

I am also experiencing repeated alerts through both iOS and Android and when I go to the library to view, the library shows a number indicating an entry. However, no video exists in the library. 

Do you have activity zones enabled on the camera(s)?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

No, I am not using activity zones.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KKS-Col wrote:

No, I am not using activity zones.

If you have local USB storage connected to your base, you might want to look there to see if there are recordings that never made it to the cloud.

Are there any signs of low connection quality (failure to connect when livestreaming, or corrupted video in the stored recordings)?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I will review the USB next time I am at the location. It is located at a mountain cabin some 2 hours away. I have not noted any degradation of the quality of recordings and live-streaming seems to work fine. 

I have realized that at times when I open the Arlo app, it does not ask for a log on, although it should as I have been away from the app for an extended period. If there are no recordings even though there have been alerts, I can force the logout, then log on, and recordings will appear in the library. I may have received more alerts than recordings but that does seem to resync the app to the cloud.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I received an inquiry from Arlo as to whether this problem has been resolved. It has not.

I had three alerts yesterday for one of the cameras and no recording ever appeared in the library for that camera.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I am confirming that the alerts but no recordings is still occurring. This morning I have received 4 alerts (3 on one camera and 1 on another) and there are no recordings. These alerts were spread over time and not all at once.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation