Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Sir_Atlass
Star
Star

About a month ago I started recieving delayed notifications of about 20-30 minutes.  After some Googling, I thought I had concluded that the issue was likely related to the fact that I had just completed the one month trial of the "Smart" plan and my cameras were still listed under the Smart notification types.

I went in and made the cameras inactive under this heading because I no longer had the Smart plan and was OK going back to just basic notifications.  The thinking was that the delay was probably being caused by the post processing done on the server side to determine what type of motion was detected.  Since I didn't care about this, I just turned it all off.

After doing this, I no longer recieve any sort of push notification at all.  I tried adding the cameras back to the Smart notifications, but obviously cannot because I don't have a subscription.

I've tried rebooting the base station, re-syncing the cameras to the base station and re-installing the app.  I've also triple checked that the app is not optimizing battery usage and has every type of notification turned on including vibrating.  Still nothing.  The email notifications work fine and I also have no issues with any other app on my phone regarding push notifications.

For reference, I have a Pixel 3XL running Android 9 (build PQ3A.190705.003) and my Arlo app is version 2.7.12_25660.

Has any one else run into a similar issue or have suggestions on troubleshooting steps I can try before contacting Arlo directly?  I'm at work without direct access to the cameras so they won't be of any help until I get home anyway.

31 REPLIES 31
JesseJWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
Whoever posted about changing the battery optimization status is what appears to be working for me right now...guess we will see.
Tracks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Clearing the app's data and cache worked for me. I stopped receiving push notifications a few days after updating to the new Android app but now they're back! Thanks to the user who posted that solution.
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice
The only thing that worked for me, was to uninstall the new version, and install the old
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Csfluharty

Is this ios 13?

Csfluharty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
Solomon372
Aspirant
Aspirant
Treehouse14
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. I’m also at my one month period & wondering if it’s the new app or my trial ended.
Discussion stats