Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Keep Losing Internet Connection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
oliverjno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am so tired of Arlo. I keep losing internet connection. Have updated firmware, made sure that is completely in range, also verified my internet had not been sporadic and still the cameras quit working. Anyone else have other ideas? I think i wasted my money on this system. I have 5 cameras and all have great signal.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you give more information about what's happening?

oliverjno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will have everything working, all cameras.  Can be as soon as an hour or so later I will try and check using computer or phone and at least 3 of my cameras will say not connected to internet and give a link to support.  I have multiple times reset the cameras per instruction to get them to work again and will have same issue again later.

* Have updated firmware when asked

*  Have verified I have good constant signal from base station

*  Have vrified I am not losing internet to house or base station

* Verified that batteries are fully charged

I have switched cameras around just to see if it is a certain spot that "loses internet connection" but it will be random as in maybe one in house or outside.  2 of 3 cameras outside are connected to Arlos solar chargers.  I have tried not using solar but no difference.

I am up to any ideas.  I am not sure what other info you may need.

Thank you for your help

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

oliverjno,

Have you tried to move your base station or router a bit further from each other? also, you can try a new Ethernet cable and port on the back of your router.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation