Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
miqal
Tutor
Tutor

I have a few Arlo Pro 2 cameras and subscribed to the Arlo Smart service. 

I'm trying to setup the smart notifications andwhen I try to move the camereas to the active cameras section it gives an error that I do not have permission.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you primary account user or have you been granted access?

miqal
Tutor
Tutor
I am the primary. Thanks.
Oldarmy07
Guide
Guide
I’m having the same issue. Unable to drag my two cameras up to the smart notification section without the error message displaying.

I have the smart notification sub per camera, not the $9.99 one.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and a browser.

miqal
Tutor
Tutor

Does not allow me with either the app or the browser.

Oldarmy07
Guide
Guide
Same for me. Tried in browser on iOS and on Pc + app. No luck and same permission error.
david8704
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same exact problem, tryied on iPhone, iPad and Mac.

hooper01
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue.  I first noticed it when I started receiving many more notifications than normal.  I checked the settings and saw that my cameras had been disabled from Arlo Smart.  I can't enable them, and Arlo Live Chat seems to be down.  I'm getting annoyed with how buggy this system has been lately.

hooper01
Tutor
Tutor

I finally got through to the chat and the agent was very helpful.  They had me change my smart subscription by removing each camera from the subcription and resubscribing.  Everything appears to be working as it should now.

brh
Master
Master

@hooper01

Thanks for the info. I also am having the same problem. Could you elaborate a little more about this? Did you remove all the cameras from the Smart Notifications then add them back in, or something else? I am on the paid Smart Premier plan and last night I removed one of my cameras from the Smart Notification and made it inactive. Now it won't let me add it back to active. I am getting the no permissions banner too.

Brian

hooper01
Tutor
Tutor

I had to remove each camera from the smart subscription.  I've got 2 cameras on Basic + Smart subscription, so I had to unsubscribe each camera separately, and then resubscribe.  

Basically you go to subscription, change plan, select your plan, deselect camera 1, and subscribe.  Then I repeated the process by deselecting camera 2.  Then I went through the process one more time but selected both camera 1 and 2.  After that, both cameras showed up as enabled in arlo smart and my system functions the way it should.  

This was what was recommended by the support agent, and although a little clumsy, seems to have fixed my issue.

DL910
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What device(s) are you experiencing this issue with? What is the Web portal/Device/Model/OS? Do you have the latest Arlo Mobile App installed?

brh
Master
Master

@ShayneS

The resolution to this problem is to cancel one's subscription and select the basic plan. Then re-subscribe to the Arlo Smart subscription. That would indicate that anyone having this problem has a corrupt account. Not happy about this, but at least the problem is solved.

Brian

Mickiwul
Star
Star
Than you for your solution having same issue every one week.

before i only had this bad workarround. If you reset your base controller, NOT restart but RESET, with a pen, then you can resolve this issue. But it takes time , you have to start all over again, with connecting all your cameras. ( i did this once my self) and now 1 week after i resolved this , i now again have the same problem, thank you arlo company 😞
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation