Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
OmarKoleh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I recently bought Arlo Pro 2 ( VMS4630P ) and i cant upgarde my basic plan niethre on Apple app or in the website. the system is in Dubai.

Also Do i need the updgrade to activate activity zone on wirless cam ( Not Plugged in )

15 REPLIES 15
brh
Master
Master

@OmarKoleh

These subscriptions are not available in Dubai at the present time.

Brian

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

More countries will be included for subscription plan options in the future. Keep an eye on the Arlo website for more details. What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

OmarKoleh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear I have purschased 6 camera of Arlo pro 2 and now you are telling I can only operate 5 because I can’t upgrade my plan this doesn’t make any sense to me as I was planning to buy 4 more , is there any way I can see all my camera in the app , I’m ready to upgrade at extra charge if needed too
brh
Master
Master

@OmarKoleh

In the mean time while you are waiting for the plans to become available in your country, You can set up two email accounts. Put one base station and 5 cameras on one account and one base station and the other 5 cameras in the second account. If you grant access from Base A to Base B and from Base B to Base A, you will be able to view all ten cameras in the same app. The downside is that you will need to arem the two base stations separately, and to change settings you will have to log in to the account for the system you wish to make changes to.

Brian

OmarKoleh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks dear , on a separate subject I have an account under omarkoleh@hotmail.com and I have another email which I want to set up the second account on omarkoleh@gmail.com but it’s giving me that this email is used and even if I press on the forget password I’m not getting the link on the email so I would appreciate you forwarding this to the related ppl
brh
Master
Master

@OmarKoleh

It is possible that someone else has already registered that account or else Arlo is having a problem with resetting passwords. You could contact customer support and see if the credentials for that account are actually you, but the easiest thing to do is to setup another gmail account like omarkoleh001 and set up a new Arlo Account. Use the same password as the hotmail account so that you don't forget it.

Brian

Fuma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. Bought 9 Arlo Pros and cannot pay for a Arlo Subscription. So I can only use 5 of the 9 cameras I bought. That's Rubbish, Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, it's always been this way. Your failure to research doesn't mean Arlo is a fault. There's an FAQ here for what countries can get subscriptions.

If you buy a second base, create a second account with a second email address, you can add the new base to that account and sync cameras to it. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first email so all cameras show in one login.

Fuma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok “Guru”. Please be so kind to show us all where your “its always been this way information” is displayed outside any side of your own 6-pack Arlo Pro 2 box.
You won’t. Because it’s not.

If you really wanted people to know something important about your product, like: “Don’t buy a 6-pack Arlo Pro 2 cameras because only 5 will work without a supcription”, or like: “Subscriptions might not be available on your country”, write it OUTSITE YOUR PRODUCT BOX.

Also, it would be a good idea NOT to offer your products on Best Buy’s inside North América’s internacional airports. You may understand many people that goes there just might not live in US and buy your cameras to take them outside the US (where, they imight NOT WORK properly).

So I guess when you say I “failed to research” you mean the the entire web and the forums like this, where many people have the same issue. Right?

Don’t worry. We will all follow your great Guru’s advice and do a full Internet web research next time we think about buying your brand again.
Except we won’t. Because it’s rubbish.

(Same rubbishness applies to your alternative of buying a second base and link two accounts and to your costumer support feedback-tone, by the way)
brh
Master
Master

@Fuma 

You are not talking to anyone associated with Arlo on this site. This forum is a place for people to seek advice before purchasing the Arlo product, a way to get simple issues resolved quickly and for Arlo product owners to share experiences. Those of us that answer questions here are just Arlo product owners trying to be helpful.

Brian

Fuma
Aspirant
Aspirant
So this is a Arlo official subdomain (subdomain.arlo.com), but without any Arlo official replies nor responsibility to do so?

What a shame. The little hope I had to receive a proper excuse just completely fade away.

Thanks anyway @brh. Now I know.
brh
Master
Master

@Fuma 

I fully understand your frustration - I would be upset too, but, while you might not be able to use all the features, jguerdat did give you a solution and while it is not ideal, you will at least be able to use all 9 of your cameras using the method he offered. Although I am in the US, I do have two accounts that are cross indexed (shared) to each other.

Brian

Shivanij19
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot upgrade my subscription to enable cloud based recording.
I live in Dubai. How can i get this started ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shivanij19

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Shivanij19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes reached them. Got a stupid reply that recording feature doesn't work in some countries. And they have no provision made for a saving local copy. U can save in usb but that too needs the upgrade subscription.
I guess this is a waste of a camera for me now.
Although u can enable the motion detection which still is not really the soln.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation