Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Amanda1472
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay so I now have a Arlo pro 2, plugged in to a power source and have paid for the 30 day cvr. How do I actually set it up to record for my small business hours? I want it to record from 9:30am to 5pm. We had to buy this second camera as the store employed sold is just the Arlo pro. Now he said this camera should do what I need.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I tried to point out before, the only way to see continuous recording is to view the timeline of CVR. The recordings in the library are only those caused by motion detection. You'll never see the CVR output there. Depending on whether you're using the web or phone interface, use the "clock" icon for the camera in the Devices tab (web) or the 3 dots (menu) and choose Timeline (phone).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR records continuously 24/7. You just view the timeline to see what happened at a particular time. If you mean you also want recordings based on motion detection, that's a function of your modes, rules and schedule.

Amanda1472
Aspirant
Aspirant
My video library jut shows a few seconds here and there being recorded. So I’m not sure if I set something up wrong or What. I’m hoping it’s recording at all times for liability reasons. If a customer complains I can always bring up their pets grooming apportionment
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery-operated cameras will never record continuously for long. Connecting them to AC power would be needed and then subscribe to CVR. That records 24/7 to the cloud so you can go back and review action. You can't record this locally without viiewing CVR and using 3rd party screen capture software.

Based on your description of your needs, I'd say the solution is to connect all cameras to AC power and subscribe to CVR.

Amanda1472
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you would have read my post at all not just my headline you would have seen that it it plugged to a power source and I have the 30 day cvr plan. I just can’t see any videos in the library that are more then just a few seconds. I want to be sure I set it all up right as I need his for my business for liability reasons
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I tried to point out before, the only way to see continuous recording is to view the timeline of CVR. The recordings in the library are only those caused by motion detection. You'll never see the CVR output there. Depending on whether you're using the web or phone interface, use the "clock" icon for the camera in the Devices tab (web) or the 3 dots (menu) and choose Timeline (phone).

Amanda1472
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got it thanks! Didn’t know there was a timeline only knew about library. So it’s all good and working properly.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation