Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to link 2 iPhones to same system. Gets an error message saying "cannot verify new device".

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kiwi51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to add second IPhone to new system just installed ( all working well so far ) . Have invited contact so we can monitor from 2 iPhones. Contact has set up separate account with different email  but unable to verify second device in order to set up base station and cameras on 2nd iPhone . Error message is " cannot verify new device " ( 2nd iPhone ) .  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kiwi51,

If you're trying to set up a second user as a grant access user, they don't need to pair the system to their account. You will just need to go on the main account and go to the Grant Access settings to choose which camera/Base Station they can view.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kiwi51,

If you're trying to set up a second user as a grant access user, they don't need to pair the system to their account. You will just need to go on the main account and go to the Grant Access settings to choose which camera/Base Station they can view.

Kiwi51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica. Problem solved once I also gave the second user admin rights . A further question please : whenever I log on to the system from either iPhone I am required to verify  an unknown device even after entering user ID and password . Is there a setting to de-activate this unknown device check ? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Did you make sure to put your iPhone devices as trusted device?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation