Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How does the Arlo Pro 2 activate motion?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
yurako
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I've purchsed three Arlo Pro 2 cameras and installed everyting couple of days ago. I can view it perfectly.

Base station firmware: 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a

All cameras firmware: 1.125.13.0_31717

All camera's battery ~70%.

I have a nany working at my place andinstalled a camera in each room.

I've configured the motion sensitivity to 100% and would like the camera to record once it detects a motion in that room.

-----------------------------

1)  It doesnt really detect motion... Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not... E.g. I can see that nanny in a room playing with my baby, but the camera is not recording. Why?

2) There is no option to do a motion test. I just do not see where I can do it (I followed the tutorial on youtube but do not have the "test" in my mobile app and not in my computer - n see it is missing in the attached screenshot).

Please help

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) What is the PIR device? Can I check it is working? configure it?

2) Great - I found it. Thanks!

3) Whats "mode usu" ?

Why are you saying that it is better to record for a fixed time rather than "till motion stops"?

It's a passive IR sensor...do a search on web for full info.  It senses objects that give off or reflect IR

In test mode under settings, you get an aprox setting for in the mode...

USU, means usually ... the mode usually is set for +/- 90% on all my cameras... default is 80%

I would recommend a 'fixed time' over till motion staops as IF the camera does not detect motion, it will stop recording early...say for example if nanny and child sit down it will stop .

BTW, motion is max at 25 ft for people and better detected across the camera instead of straight on.

Also...these are "motion detect then record" cameras... unless you buy the CVR plan( and power camera ) there is no 24/7 recording

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) they detect motion via the PIR device in the camera

2) the motion test is in SETTINGS / camera/device utilities / motion test

***BUT this is for testing purposes...the real setting for motion detect is in the Mode ARMED

3) The setting in the mode usu runs about 90% tho the default is 80... then you set the record time ( use a fixed time over till motion stops ).  The camera detects motion then records for the set timeand stops... resets after for about 10 secs, then cycles again.

yurako
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your reply!

3) Whats "mode usu" ?

Why are you saying that it is better to record for a fixed time rather than "till motion stops"?

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

3) Whats "mode usu" ?

It's a passive IR sensor...do a search on web for full info.  It senses objects that give off or reflect IR

In test mode under settings, you get an aprox setting for in the mode...

USU, means usually ... the mode usually is set for +/- 90% on all my cameras... default is 80%

I would recommend a 'fixed time' over till motion staops as IF the camera does not detect motion, it will stop recording early...say for example if nanny and child sit down it will stop .

BTW, motion is max at 25 ft for people and better detected across the camera instead of straight on.

Also...these are "motion detect then record" cameras... unless you buy the CVR plan( and power camera ) there is no 24/7 recording

yurako
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your detailed answer!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation