Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I remove rules in modes?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fortysixand2
Tutor
Tutor
Hey everyone,

I originally set up my cameras on one base station, and had rules for each camera set up pretty typica. My driveway camera rule was to record video for 120 seconds if motion was detected on driveway.

Well, that camera was a little too far from the base station, so I got another base station and installed it closer to the driveway. I synced the driveway camera to that base, and all seemed to go well. I set up a new mode and the same rule for it as the previous base.

Now, I think the rules are conflicting somehow, and I want to remove the rule from the original base, but can’t seem to find out how to do it. If I change the rule on the original base that the camera is no longer connected to so that it says “when motion detected in driveway do nothing” the camera doesn’t record despite the new base having a rule saying it should record for 120 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can edit the 'rules' in a mode, but you CAN delete the mode itself on the first base and just remake on the new base... this will solve any issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
fortysixand2
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. It’s good to know it’s possible to delete the rule, but do you know how? I can’t figure it out 🙂
fortysixand2
Tutor
Tutor
It seems to only let me delete any custom modes I have created, but the original mode by default called ‘armed’ can’t be deleted.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No you can't delete Armed as its a default mode, tho you can edit it.

Never liked that option,as it is better to copy armed in a custom mode.

If you mess up the defaults,the easiest way to rebuild is remove all

the cameras and resync them as new

but if you used Remove Device on the first base, the cam u moved to the second base should not be in conflict...the bases arm as individual units

Morse is faster than texting!
fortysixand2
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks! I didn’t use anything called remove device when swapping bases.. I’ll look into reconnecting the camera to the first base and removing it properly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't need to reconnect it to the first base. Just use Settings, My Devices, your camera that's still attached to the first base, Remove Device. That will totally remove it from the first base including any modes.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation