Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jordan88
Follower
Follower

How do I create/edit a mode that sounds the siren? I don’t have the option available when editing or creating new modes

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you doing it in an app, try the web with a browser... it's easier ;  https://arlo.netgear.com

To add the siren, first eidt or create the mode picking camera to sense and then camera to record...

After this save.

Go back and EDIT the mode and pick Add Device, the siren should be at the bottom of list, pick and save

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
commodon
Star
Star

You are not alone with this issue.

I have been an owner of an Arlo system for over a year now, including five Arlo cameras, solar panels, etc. My system has worked flawlessly until just recently when I noticed the Siren was no longer sounding when it should have been and more important, had been doing so in the past.

In reviewing the custom modes I created many, many months ago depending on whether I am home or not, I have not made any changes to either mode and yet the Siren is no longer working when it has in the past.

In my effort to troubleshoot the issue, I deleted one of the two modes then I began to recreate the mode and learned the abiility to add the Base Station to the mode is no longer possible.

In fact, selecting the Base Station from the list of devices is possible, but clicking the Next button does nothing.  This is broken... It used to work, now it doesn't.

I am 

Using VMB3000|Arlo Smart Home Security with 5 Arlo Pro Cameras and Solar Panels
commodon
Star
Star

It used to work this way, but this is no longer possible.

There is an issue in the UI preventing the ability to save the addition of the Base Station

commodon
Star
Star

I should add this issue (inability to add Base Station to enable the Siren) is broken in the web UI.

It is possible to add the Base Station if using the application on an my Android device.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation