Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Aspirant

How do I connect Base Station (Arlo Pro 2) to WiFi? Don't have ethernet cable on modem

I only have a PC with windows 10 and NO modem that i can connect the ethernet cable to. i do have wifi how do i connect the base staion to wifi?

thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: How do I connect Base Station (Arlo Pro 2) to WiFi? Don't have ethernet cable on modem

Usu, the base is plugged into a router or switch, but with no router but only wifi, you will need a wifi extender with an ethernet port...

hook the extender into your wifi and then the base into the extender's port

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Message 3 of 4

All Replies
brh Master
Master

Re: How do I connect Base Station (Arlo Pro 2) to WiFi? Don't have ethernet cable on modem

@PeterTalbot

How are you connecting to the internet? We need to know that before someone can help you.

Brian

Message 2 of 4
Guru

Usu, the base is plugged into a router or switch, but with no router but only wifi, you will need a wifi extender with an ethernet port...

hook the extender into your wifi and then the base into the extender's port

Morse is faster than texting!
Message 3 of 4
Aspirant

Thanks Tom Mac and brh. The short answer is no I cannot, without using something like an extender....

I wish Arlo would wake up to the fact that not all of us use a router...

I use a mobile data 4GX modem by ZTE with a sim card in it ....no such thing as a ethernet port in that little one...

Message 4 of 4