Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
r_crane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't get my Arlo Pro 2 to record for longer than 15 seconds. The thread with the supposed solution doesn't work for me- no pencil icon, no rules button, nothing in settings that will let me change the time. Has anyone figured out how to adjust it? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@r_crane

Go into your app and select the Modes icon. Select your Base Station. Select the Mode you wish to set the recording time on, (usually the Armed Mode). In the app there is a green pencil to the right side of this mode, (on the PC it will be an arrow).

Clicking on that pencil or Arrow will take you to the Edit Mode page with the Rules section beneath the Mode name. There should be at least one Rule for every camera.

For each rule, (camera), select the green pencil or arrow. That will take you to the Edit Rule page.

Scroll down until you see Record Video and be sure that it is green, (selected). Click the pencil or arrow beside that and adjust the slider to the desired number of seconds you wish to record when motion is detected.

When finished, hit save at the top right of the screen and go back and do the same thing for each Rule, (camera).

Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@r_crane

Are you on a shared account and if so are you the owner of the account?

Are you trying to make your changes on your browser or smartphone app?

Brian

r_crane
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm the owner. Nobody else is on the account. I've tried from my phone and PC.
brh
Master
Master

@r_crane

Go into your app and select the Modes icon. Select your Base Station. Select the Mode you wish to set the recording time on, (usually the Armed Mode). In the app there is a green pencil to the right side of this mode, (on the PC it will be an arrow).

Clicking on that pencil or Arrow will take you to the Edit Mode page with the Rules section beneath the Mode name. There should be at least one Rule for every camera.

For each rule, (camera), select the green pencil or arrow. That will take you to the Edit Rule page.

Scroll down until you see Record Video and be sure that it is green, (selected). Click the pencil or arrow beside that and adjust the slider to the desired number of seconds you wish to record when motion is detected.

When finished, hit save at the top right of the screen and go back and do the same thing for each Rule, (camera).

Brian

r_crane
Aspirant
Aspirant
That got it. Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation